Sites inscribed on the World Heritage List
Slovakia has 7 sites inscribed on the World Heritage List – 5 cultural and 2 natural.
Cultural sites of Slovakia inscribed on the World Heritage List:
1. Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity (since 1993),
2. Levoča, Spišský Hrad and the Associated Cultural Monuments (since 1993, extended in 2009),
3. Vlkolínec (since 1993),
4. Bardejov Town Conservation Reserve (since 2000),
5. Wooden Churches of the Slovak part of the Carpathian Mountain Area (since 2008).
Natural sites of Slovakia inscribed on the World Heritage List:
1. Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst – Slovak and Hungarian transboundary property (since 1995, extended in 2000)
2. Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and the Ancient Beech Forests of Germany – Slovak – Ukrainian – German transboundary property (since 2007, extended in 2011)
For more information: http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/